Besides well known and very early crypto funds like Polychain Capital (founded in 2016 by Olaf Carlson-Wee, a prominent cryptocurrency fund manager who was initially the third employee to join Coinbase), Pantera Capital (founded by Dan Morehead; in 2014 it had shifted its focus to bitcoin and other digital currencies, having previously been primarily working with global macro hedge-fund investments) or Digital Currency Group (founded in 2015 by Barry Silbert; did over 130 investments in various projects and cryptocurrencies so far) there are a few interesting and emerging hedge funds fully focusing on trading crypto currencies.
- Pantera Capital located in Menlo Park (USA) with Pantera Bitcoin Fund -> US$139 AuM
- Crypto Fund located in Zug (Switzerland) with Systematic DLT Fund -> US$ 25M AuM
- Attis Capital located in New York (USA) with Attis Capital Crypto -> US$ 22M AuM
- Cambrian Asset Management in Mill Valley (USA) with Cambrian Systematic Strategies -> US$ 8M AuM
- BKCoin Capital in New York (USA) with BKCoin Digital Asset Strategy -> US$ 6M AuM
- Sarson Funds in Indianapolis (USA) with Blockchain Momentum -> US$ 6M AuM
- Sarson Funds in Indianapolis (USA) with Fifth Khagan Strategy -> US$ 6M AuM
- Solidium Capital in Ljubljana (Slovenia) with Solidum Crypto Quant Strategy -> US$ 5M AuM
- Strix Leviathan in Seattle (USA) with Nest Fund I -> US$ 5M AuM
This list covers publicly available AuM data (last updated in June 2020). Please contact us for additions.